ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Fwd: OLPC news (2006-09-09)

fyi...

----

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:29:57 -0400
From: Walter Bender <walter [ at ] laptop [ dot ] org>
Subject: [Community-news] OLPC news (2006-09-09)
To: community-news [ at ] laptop [ dot ] org

1. Aloizio Mercadante, the candidate for governor of Sao Paulo from
President Lula's party, announced his intention to provide One Laptop per
Child in the state, if elected.

2. Ivan Krstić will present our security model and strategy at a security
conference in Malaysia to gather feedback from the security community,
particularly about our intended use of IPv6 networking on the laptops.

3. After several minor iterations, the OLPC document format is close to
stabilized, and the release of a Version 1 is expected shortly. The
release will be largely or completely compatible with the upcoming
WikiCreole specification, an attempt at a standard subset of wiki markup
that wiki systems can support in addition to their native markup.

4. With LinuxBIOS' deployment came reports of problems booting certain
A-Test boards. As a result of excellent detective work by Tom Sylla,
Jordan Crouse, Ron Minnich, Richard Smith, and Chris Ball, the problem was
localized to boards that have a particular vendor's DRAM—three vendor's
DRAM are being qualified—that was slower than the DRAM used from the other
vendors.

-walter
---
Walter Bender