ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: How One Laptop Per Child plans to bring computers to a billion schoolchildren…

There are over a billion school-aged children in the world. Nicholas
Negroponte wants every one of them to own a laptop, whether they're in
Maine or Mali. To reach this goal, Negroponte plans to build 100
million laptops in 2008, doubling the global production of laptops.
His engineers are designing a new type of machine, a laptop designed
for the needs of children and the challenges of computing in
environments without reliable power or network infrastructure.
http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/?page_id=1198

--
One Laptop Per Child: Just what sort of content do you load onto these puppies?
Filed under: Africa, Developing world,

I've taken to thinking about the One Laptop Per Child project in terms
of three tiers: hardware, software/content and usage/support. In
describing my enthusiasm for and concerns about the project to both
people working on the laptop and people critiquing it, I've flippantly
offered an observation: there's been roughly ten times as much thought
about the hardware as about the software, and roughly ten times as
much thought about software as about the challenges of rolling this
device out to schools around the world. (There may well be a fourth
tier - disposal and recycling of these machines - and I'm open to the
argument that that's received only a tenth as much thought as the
third tier.)
http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/?p=1202

http://olpc.ellak.gr

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων