ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Did you know that all you have to do is press a button on the laptop and you get to modify the code...

  • Subject: Did you know that all you have to do is press a button on the laptop and you get to modify the code...
  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos [ at ] mail [ dot ] ntua [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:18:50 +0300
fyi...

As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, I feel that the software
effort behind the OLPC project has been playing second fiddle to the
hardware. There has been much attention given to the 'laptop', the
innovative hardware technology, and some on the 'child friendly'
interface. Very little has been discussed about the revolutionary new
operating system being developed. Did you know the firmware is
hardware independent? Did you know that while the kernel is based on
Red Hat Fedora, the higher level operating system, including the file
system is written in a dynamic interpreted language? Did you know that
all you have to do is press a button on the laptop and you get to
modify the code for whatever application is currently running? Did you
know this is all done securely and using a revolutionary process
management system where each process gets its own VM? This is not
linux. This is something else entirely, and yes it is 100% open
source. I will be handing out the Sugar SDK Live CD which includes a
full linux development environment for developing applications for
this revolutionary new system.
http://www.dougma.com/?p=30

http://olpc.ellak.gr

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων