ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Announcing: Computer History Museum on YouTube

FYI...

From: Mike Cheponis <mac [ at ] wireless [ dot ] com>
Date: December 15, 2007 4:55:26 PM PST
Subject: Announcing: Computer History Museum on YouTube (fwd)

<http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory>

Subject: Announcing: Computer History Museum on YouTube

The museum's lecture and event videos are truly some of the hidden
gems in our collection. Though these videos were already available
through our website, we don't really have the network bandwidth and
infrastructure for reliable, high-volume video streaming. Information
Systems was therefore challenged on how we could bring these many
excellent videos to a much larger audience at low cost. Building our own
network and web infrastructure for high bandwidth video streaming just
wasn't cost effective. Now I'm happy to say we've found a partial
answer to our needs:

- Brings YouTube's massive audience to CHM lecture, event and archival
videos when they search on YouTube for topics like
Computer History, Silicon Valley, Internet, Semiconductors, etc.

- Helps bring web visitors from YouTube back to the Computer History
Museum's primary website to build greater awareness of CHM
and increased web traffic

- Unlike loading our videos up to Google video, on our partner level
YouTube channel we can create a coherent, branded and
contiguous experience for visitors

- Allows us to create play lists to group videos on similar themes and
topics (I've already created play lists of videos on the
internet, semiconductors and personal computing)

For the last couple of weeks, we've been working to develop a branded
"look" for our YouTube channel with CHM graphics and logos, named
appropriately enough: ComputerHistory. I've uploaded 23 lecture videos
representing a wide range of topics as well as our lobby overview
video to greet visitors when they first reach our YouTube channel
page. There's also 3 play lists set up grouping similar videos together.

Please check out the CHM YouTube channel here:
www.youtube.com/computerhistory
.
Here's where you could help spread the word. YouTube is a subscriber
community where videos get greater visibility the more people view,
rate and subscribe to them. Please take a moment to subscribe on
YouTube to our ComputerHistory channel. Ratings some of our videos at
high levels or marking one or two as favorites of yours would also be
very helpful. Your subscription and high ratings both increase
awareness for our videos across YouTube plus you'll be notified
anytime we upload new content. Also, please be sure to let your friends
know about our YouTube ComputerHistory channel.