ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[olpc-gr] [Open-source] Μελέτη: στο δημόσιο δεν απαιτείται διαγωνισμός για την εγκατάσταση ΕΛ/ΛΑΚ

  • Subject: [olpc-gr] [Open-source] Μελέτη: στο δημόσιο δεν απαιτείται διαγωνισμός για την εγκατάσταση ΕΛ/ΛΑΚ
  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos [ at ] mail [ dot ] ntua [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:35:17 +0300
--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Demou <ndemou [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
Date: 21 Apr 2008 09:46
Subject: [Open-source] Μελέτη: στο δημόσιο δεν απαιτείται διαγωνισμός
για την εγκατάσταση ΕΛ/ΛΑΚ

To: open-source <open-source [ at ] grnet [ dot ] gr>

from http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080420111512402&mode=print

A Dutch study has recently been translated and published in English,
"The acquisition of (open-source) software", by Nederland Open in
Verbinding (NOiV), which finds that in [all of] Europe['s Public
Administrations], gratis software does not require tendering and so
gratis Open Source software can be freely downloaded without having to
go through the usual purchase process.

It's a guide to acquisition and implementation of Open Source
software, and the authors are very interested in any input, comments,
suggestions you might have.

 Then I noticed something in the study that caught my attention [...]:
there is a European directive regarding the reuse of information. This
states that governments must make their documents available in formats
that are not bound to specific software, where possible and where
appropriate. Open standards fulfill this requirement.

Since the recent ISO FAQ says some claim the purpose of OOXML is to
provide additional functionality ODF does not, namely to render
Microsoft legacy documents, I wondered if OOXML, despite being
approved as an ISO standard, can qualify under this directive.