ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[olpc-gr] Back to Reality...

So many new machines are coming out about the size of the XO laptop.
I've heard that 50 distinct different laptop models will be introduced
at Computex (in Taiwan) alone in early June. These machines use
screens between 7-10″ diagonals - and have been slapped together
rather quickly to capitalize on the momentum first created by One
Laptop per Child. The problem: these are expensive laptops - the least
expensive of the lot is more than twice the price of the XO laptop
from OLPC. Now, I know the detailed cost structure of these laptops,
they use commodity parts, and find it quite surprising that an effort
to make low cost laptops would arrive here (at the moment) with huge
profit margins north of 50%. But with so much competition for this
space, the high prices shouldn't last long.

At the very least, we should have extremely low-power, sunlight
readable, high resolution screens in these and other laptops. Pixel Qi
is working towards this and we will announce some of our partners
soon.
http://pixelqi.com/blog1/2008/05/13/back-to-reality/

--
http://karounos.gr/blog/