ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI..: GSoC 2020 Google OSPO hosted meetup Feb 1st in Brussels, Belgium

  • Subject: FYI..: GSoC 2020 Google OSPO hosted meetup Feb 1st in Brussels, Belgium
  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos [ at ] eellak [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 09:53:06 +0200
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Από: 'ssampat' via Google Summer of Code Mentors List <
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list [ at ] googlegroups [ dot ] com>
Date: Σάβ, 14 Δεκ 2019 στις 12:18 π.μ.
Subject: [GSoC Mentors] GSoC 2020 Google OSPO hosted meetup Feb 1st in
Brussels, Belgium
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List <
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list [ at ] googlegroups [ dot ] com>

Hello Mentors and Org Admins!

We are excited to announce details for our first meetup coming up in early
2020.

The event below is open to the following participants (ages 18 and over)
who have been a part of the programs anytime over the last 15 years:

   -

   Successful GSoC students
   -

   GSoC mentors and org admins
   -

   GCI mentors and org admins
   -

   GCI winners

Saturday, February 1 - Brussels, Belgium ~6:30pm (during FOSDEM weekend) @
a restaurant/pub near Grand Place.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKNIu9T5jsQl3TZyPN5vfgYYtXWPXVX2JUCY06tKzVaQuE_g/viewform

Pre-registration is required for this event. You are confirmed once you
register and we will send additional details for the location about 2 weeks
before the event with directions, check-in procedures, etc. If you need to
cancel after registering please email so we can get another person into the
event.

Please remember we are not offering any kind of travel assistance or
funding to attend this event (including issuing visa invitations). You can
speak directly with your org to see if they might be willing to allocate
part of their travel funds to you but that is entirely up to your org.

We hope to see you soon. And if you happen to be at FOSDEM please stop by
and see us at the Google Summer of Code stand on Saturday in Building K,
level 2.

GSoC 2020 Organization apps open January 14th - February 5th

And a quick reminder that GSoC 2020 Organization applications
<http://g.co/gsoc> open January 14th and close February 5th. The program
announcement
<https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/12/announcing-google-summer-of-code-2020.html>
, timeline <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>, marketing
materials
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/marketing> (slide
deck, flyers), FAQs <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq>,
and short videos <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/videos>
with tips for mentors and students are all available. If you would like to
apply for the 2020 program please start thinking about the projects you
would like students to work on and also reach out to your community members
to ask if they would like to be mentors for the program. Having a thorough
and well thought out list of Project Ideas is the most important part of
your application.

Hearty thanks to all of the mentors and org admins!

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year!

Best,

Saranya and Stephanie

Google Open Source Programs