ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

GSoC

Hello everyone!
I am a computer science student and I'd be interested in participating in
this year's Google Summer of Code. I only heard about the event recently
and I'd like to ask a question:

Should my proposal be an idea of my own related to the ones each
organisation has posted? Or just a proposal to offer my services and
implement one of said ideas this summer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Φώτης