ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[Fwd: : Globus Alliance]

FYI...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Ian Parsons
Sent: Tuesday, 02 September, 2003 19:39
To: grid-projects [ at ] gridstart [ dot ] org
Subject: Globus Alliance

Dear European Grid Project Coordinators,

As I know many of you are using the Globus Toolkit in your Grid projects
I hope you don't mind me using the grid-projects [ at ] gridstart [ dot ] org list to
email round an important announcement concerning EPCC and PDC that has
been made on both sides of the Atlantic today.

I believe the formation of the Globus Alliance is good news for European
Grid projects. A criticism I have regularly heard about the Globus
Project is that it is an American project. This is no longer the case -
with the addition of EPCC and PDC to form the Globus Alliance, Europe
has a much stronger voice inside Globus and I would hope that this leads
to a renewed dialogue between Globus and your projects.

While the four organisations who have formed the Alliance make up its
core, we have also announced a Globus Affiliates scheme and we hope to
see a number of familiar European faces join this scheme shortly.

Cheers,

Mark
--
Dr Mark I Parsons
Commercial Director

EPCC                                       National e-Science Centre
The University of Edinburgh                The University of Edinburgh
James Clerk Maxwell Building               15 South College Street
Mayfield Road                              Edinburgh EH8 9AA UK
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ UK