Subject: Re: Debconf@Turkey ?
Date: Mittwoch 09 Juni 2004 11:46
From: Boran Puhaloğlu <boranp [ at ] bilgi [ dot ] edu [ dot ] tr>
To: Andreas Mueller <amu [ at ] debian [ dot ] org>
Cc: cs [ at ] cs [ dot ] bilgi [ dot ] edu [ dot ] tr, roktas [ at ] omu [ dot ] edu [ dot ] tr

Hello Andreas,

We (Istanbul Bilgi University - Open Source Enterprise Centre) will be really
 pleased to organise DebConf 5 in Turkey. As you know this year we organised
 Free Software & Open Source Days(http://open.bilgi.edu.tr/freedays) between
 27-29 February at our University and it was very succesful. This was a well
 attended,big organisation and some of our guests were Ian Murdock, Richard
 Stallman etc.

What I think is ,that we can merge next years Debconf with Free Software &
 Open Source Days 2005.

We are experienced in these kind of international organisations and you
 should have no doubt that we can handle any situation smoothly. Our
 university is well established metropolitan university which has the
 required resources to make valuable debian developers feel confortable
 during their stay in Istanbul. HP, IBM, Oracle and some other local IT
 companies have contributed to our sponsorship before, and they are ready to
 support us in these kind of important international organisations.

You can refer to Ian Murdock for his personal experience on Istanbul and Free
 Software & Open Source Days 2004.

Please don't hesitate to ask for more information.

Regards

Boran Puhaloglu
Open Source Enterprise Centre
Istanbul Bilgi University