ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Computerworld | Even the sky's no limit for open source hero, Shuttleworth

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
</tt></font>
press, what do you think of this?</b>
with people. I wouldn't have expected at this early stage to be so
widely reviewed and tested and have had such a positive reaction from
the community. I guess that's partly because we're building on the very
solid foundation of Debian and it is very popular, and also because
we're taking it in a whole new direction which has really struck a cord
with people.
over Debian enthusiasts?</b>
all of the things that Debian embodies. It's committed to being free.
All of the applications are free software applications. It's committed
to the open source process, so the way we develop is very much the same
way that Debian has grown up and the same way that many other
community-driven distributions work, in the sense that all of the
decisions are made online in e-mail and in forums so that all people
can participate. Our conferences are all very open, so I guess it feels
like a very familiar place for people comfortable in a Debian
environment. When they come over, they recognise the places and faces
and tools. But they also recognise that we have a bit more freedom than
Debian in terms of making compromises to get our release out in terms
of choosing specific applications and specific architectures. One of
the great things about Debian is that it stretches across all
architectures and tries to cover every piece of software in the open
source world. While we retain all of that, we do differentiate and
choose favourites. And that means we can be slightly more efficient in
terms of getting it down and getting it out there.<br>
...<br>
October and the big focus there will be taking our laptop support focus
to levels that I think will rival Windows. We want to make it almost
guaranteed that if you buy a laptop in the store, it will just work
with Ubuntu.
Terminal Server Project) guys to make sure that Ubuntu works really
well in a lab or school environment where you have 20 or 30 computers
that you'll be using almost as terminals and you'll be able to
effectively install Ubuntu just once on one computer and then get it
all out over the campus. The LTSP guys are hugely excited about
integrating their work deeply with Ubuntu so that whichever operating
system you prefer you can stick whatever you want on the server and
still use the Ubuntu management process.</p>
<a
 href="http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1774372754;fp;16;fpid;0";>http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1774372754;fp;16;fpid;0</a><br>

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων