ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Get (And Give) The Gift of Open Source...

This Christmas I decided to give a few gifts to people in the open
source<http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/get_and_give_th.html#>community.
I'm making donations to the maintainers of some of my favorite
and most widely used software projects.  They've earned some payback!

Most of the programs I depend on the most, I've discovered, are actually not
big ones -- they're little things, applications that fill in the gaps, and
that make my work all the easier.

The first big open source project that gets a little of my Christmas cheer
is the PortableApps <http://www.portableapps.com/> suite, an incredibly
useful bundle of no-install-needed editions of popular open-source programs.
It's a one-stop shop of sorts for a whole slew of common apps -- Firefox,
the OpenOffice.org suite, VLC, and 7-Zip -- and it can be run either from a
removable drive or from a single self-contained directory on a PC. I've
pointed a number of friends to it as an easy way to consolidate all of their
applications and documents into one place. If they upgrade to a new machine
-- or if their PC ever gets borked and they need to recover
files<http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/get_and_give_th.html#>from
it -- they can simply copy the PortableApps directory somewhere else
and pick up right where they left off.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/get_and_give_th.html

--
http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/ - skype: karounos