ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: The Role of Status Seeking in Online Communities: Giving the Gift of Experience

 http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00332.x

…

*This article examines online gift giving in the form of opinion,
information, and advice that individuals post on websites. Research has
highlighted altruism and reciprocity as the key motives behind such gift
giving. We argue that informational gift giving is also strongly driven by
status and status seeking, and that status sentiments are more likely to
sustain virtual communities. Using theories of status seeking and
self-presentation, we investigate the ways in which consumers construct
status in online consumer communities. The data reveal insights into the
strategies behind constructing a digital status and the rise of online
systems to promote celebrity status within online communities.*

…

--
http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/ - skype: karounos

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων