From: Willie Walker <Will [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ dot ]  [ at ] sun [ dot ] com>
Date: Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Subject: Participate in GOPA! (GNOME Outreach Program: Accessibility)

Hi All:

 I just want to send out a reminder to let you know "GNOME Outreach
 Program: Accessibility" stuff is still underway and that there are still
 tasks available: http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y/.

 We had some really good interest in the documentation task and Vincent
 Alexander, a very brave soul, is currently working on it (yeah!).  This
 is probably one of the most important tasks, so let's all try to get
 behind Vincent and help him succeed.

 We've had some interest in the Evince and Magnification tasks, but no
 people have been designated as the official owners of these yet.  This
 is a reminder to submit your strong proposals!  These are important
 tasks, and I'm especially interested in seeing them succeed.  I'd also
 like to see more along the lines of the testing task as well as "your
 idea here".  Surely, there must be a really good idea someone has to add
 value to GNOME accessibility!  If you want some food for thought, take a
 look at http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved.  Imagine, for
 example, how cool it might be to create a kick butt DAISY reader.

 We've also had some people working on the short-term tasks (yeah), with
 some bugs being closed.  There's still plenty of opportunity to
 participate, however, so take a look and jump in.  You'll get some cash
 along the way to improving the overall accessibility offering of GNOME.
  If I can manage to swing a trip to GUADEC this year, I'll also buy you
 some beers.

 Finally, we've set up regular Monday meetings on irc.gnome.org/#a11y at
 13:30 UTC for people to get together and chat.  They've been very good
 so far -- please come by this coming Monday if you are interested.

 Will

 PS - As a potential discussion -- if there were something we could do
 differently to make GOPA more attractive to you, what would it be?

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων