ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI... : [OFE Open Source Community List] Update EUvsVirus open source + event open source for health

  • Subject: FYI... : [OFE Open Source Community List] Update EUvsVirus open source + event open source for health
  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos [ at ] eellak [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 23:35:45 +0300
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Από: Fabio Balli - GHF Open Village <fabio [ dot ] balli [ at ] opengeneva [ dot ] org>
Date: Τετ, 6 Μαΐ 2020 στις 10:43 μ.μ.
Subject: [OFE Open Source Community List] Update EUvsVirus open source +
event open source for health
To: Open Source Community List <foss-community [ at ] openforumeurope [ dot ] org>

Dear all, I hope you are well.

EUvsVirus prepares a *matchathon*, to help 117 teams
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/117-solutions-selected-european-hackathon-support-recovery-coronavirus-outbreak-2020-apr-30_en>
become for-profits, on May 22-25. Two proposals were rejected by the
organizing team:

   - I suggested the IT lead to provide him with a list of one *open-source*
   alternative for each tool planned. The idea was to invite OFE/OSI/FSFE to
   agree on the list proposed, and let him have the final say. The proposal
   was not considered.
   - Similarly, our civil society team proposal to *help all teams and
   not-for-profit collaborate* was not accepted.

Hence, some colleagues and I will now self-organize out of the official
initiative (maybe we could connect to another EU initiative promoting
inclusion?).

One goal is to host a *co-creation event* where participants will focus on
*minimal number of projects that save lives, foster solidarity, and are
freely reproducible.*

For example one hand rub dispenser, one face shield that is wearable all
day, one respirator *that can be easily reproduced in all countries* –
see Prof.
Pittet video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZmXw8SwLQ>.

If you want to help define which FLOSS tech we can use, how we can ensure
the collective work is rewarded and remains in the hands of the community,
please contact me. The goal is to create an inclusive socio-economic model
by and for the people, towards *a world where everyone can afford a decent
and healthy life*. For-profit partners are not welcome. Details here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BgU-UIFA5b25MbjoD75pHNuphKvg4IROBdnX8Vr7aLQ/edit#>
.

I am looking forward to reading you,

Fabio Balli