ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: OLPC: Far more at stake than technology...

 As educators, we know but may not often acknowledge the pivotal role
we play in the cultural as well as economic development of our
nations. Discussing his ultimate hopes for OLPC, Nicholas Negroponte
says his is:

   A three-step hope: World peace through the elimination of poverty
through education through learning. Education is the goal; learning is
the means. A lot of learning can happen without teaching. We're
banking on that.

  Learning is not the only thing that can and will happen when
learners are equipped with powerful tools. The long term impact of
equipping and empowering citizen journalists should not be
underestimated. The causes of human rights, including
self-determination, may be advanced more tangibly and dramatically
through OLPC than by many other well-intentioned but less effective
governmental as well as NGO programs.
http://www.techlearning.com/blog/2007/01/olpc_far_more_at_stake_than_te.php

--
http://olpc.ellak.gr