ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: 10$ laptops.

Όταν παρουσιάσουν το τελικό προϊόν το ξανασυζητάμε... Στο μεταξύ φαντάζει vaporware...

Μητριτσάκης Βαλέριο Πάρις
Ηλεκτρονικός Μηχανικός Τ.Ε.
MSc Network Systems
IT Manager
CAC Papantoniou Public Company LTD
Mitritsakis Valerio Paris
Electronic Engineer
MSc Network Systems
IT Manager
CAC Papantoniou Public Company LTD

Nicolas W. Wolf wrote:
 India working on $10 laptops  	Print
Trendwatch
By Mark Raby
Friday, May 04, 2007 10:27
Recommend article:
Slashdot
Digg
Delicious
Technorati
YahooMyWeb
New Delhi (India) - The ambitious one laptop per child (OLPC) project
may actually have some competition, thanks to an Indian alternative
that wants a price tag of $10 for each computer.

OLPC, which aims to bring laptops to schoolchildren in impoverished
nations, recently pushed its price per laptop to $175, from $100.
India's HRD ministry, which rejected the offer from OLPC, says it
thinks it can push that price down to $10.

The manufacturing cost has already been scaled down to $47, reports
the India Times.  So far no manufacturer has agreed to the $10 price.
"The cost is encouraging and we are hopeful it would come down to $10.
We would also look into the possibility of some Indian company
manufacturing the parts," said a ministry official.

A meeting is scheduled for later this month for industry officials and
scholars to discuss the feasibility of this undertaking.

While OLPC is pushing to get its project up and running as soon as
possible, the initiative from India will take a minimum of two years
before it comes to fruition, according to the India Times.

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων