ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: OLPC and the XO Weather Latest Publicity Storm

It's true that if you look only at the posted specifications of the
XO, you might come to the conclusion that the laptop is underpowered.
(It comes with a midrange AMD processor; 256MB of RAM; and a small,
flash-based drive.) However, looking beyond straight specs, I saw a
system that is anything but underpowered and incapable. Quite the
opposite: The XO is one of the most powerful systems I've seen in
years.

From its revolutionary display technology (which is readable even in
bright sunlight) to its supergreen power management and provision
capabilities to its wireless mesh capabilities that allow an entire
village of children to connect, the XO will have a massive impact on
the lives of the children who use it. It will also influence the
future of laptop technology, bringing on a new wave of more efficient
and capable mobile systems.

Even more surprising were some of the groundbreaking features found in
the Linux-based Sugar software that runs on the XO laptop. While some
of the programs in Sugar are simplified versions of standard desktop
tools such as word processors, much of the software in Sugar is as
innovative as the hardware on the XO, including one of the
best-implemented collaboration environments I've ever seen.
http://etech.eweek.com/content/desktops_and_notebooks/olpc_and_the_xo_weather_latest_publicity_storm.html

--
http://olpc.ellak.gr

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων