ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs]

Hi George,

I replied to your other email. For the record, this was my response.

netdata dashboards are web-apps, meaning there are only statics html, css,
js files, making ajax calls to netdata servers.

There is a huge js file called dashboard.js what does most of the magic:

1. it supports many chart libraries, for all charts

2. it has all the logic to create charts

3. it has all the logic to update only the visible charts

4. it is embeddable, meaning that it can be embedded on any third party web
side, allowing netdata charts to be rendered on them

index.html is a wrapper to draw the specific dashboard netdata renders. It
is responsible for the main menu, the toolbar, the text around the charts,
the footer, etc.

What most people request are:

1. custom dashboards (they need to re-arrange, resize and move charts)

2. multi-server dashboards (the need to cherry pick charts from different
servers to provide a build a custom dashboard)

3. charts merging (e.g. they has 2 web servers, they need to see one set of
charts with the values of the 2 servers merged)

4. more visualization methods. today netdata supports a few gauges, line
charts, area charts and stacked area charts. We could also support
heatmaps, histograms, etc.

5. the ability to compare and merge charts on demands. This is tricky when
is to be done across netdata servers. Something like: a) select a chart on
host A, b) move to host B and select another chart, c) move to host C and
select a third chart, d) render all the selected charts on page and if they
are of the same type, allow merging them.

The dashboard also has a few issues:

6. the legend on the right of the charts is not nice on narrow screens. We
could have a legend below the charts in these cases

7. charts that delay to collect data (i.e. data collection freezes) do not
provide any indication of the fact. They should become grey or dim of some
kind.

8. alarms are separate from the charts and the main menu. Ideally the
charts and the menu should indicate the chart is in warning or critical
state.

Visualization is what drives netdata growth. So, this is a very important
element of it. It has to be speedy and light.

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

Costa

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 7:03 PM, G Klonos <georgeklonos7 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> My name is Georgios Klonos and its my second year studying Computer
> Science at City University London. After seeing the projects of Google
> Summer of Code, i would like to participate in the Netdata project as
> well as the "Software components and IP management" project . I have
> experience with Java,HTML,CSS,PHP and JavaScript. I believe I can
> contribute in the web development part of the two projects. Could you
> provide me with more information about them?
>
> Best,
> George
>

> ----
> Λαμβάνετε αυτό το μήνυμα απο την λίστα: Γενική λίστα αλληλογραφίας που
> απευθύνεται σε developers/contributors έργων ανοικτού λογισμικού - A
> general discussion list for developers/contributors of open-source projects,
> https://lists.ellak.gr/opensource-devs/listinfo.html
>
> Μπορείτε να απεγγραφείτε από τη λίστα στέλνοντας κενό μήνυμα ηλ.
> ταχυδρομείου στη διεύθυνση <opensource-devs+unsubscribe [ at ] ellak [ dot ] gr>.

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων