ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] [GSoC] Proposal for Clio - Please review

  • Subject: Re: [opensource-devs] [GSoC] Proposal for Clio - Please review
  • From: Alexios Zavras <zvr+eellak [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 01:31:34 +0200
Ηλίας Σταμάτης wrote [edited]:
> 1. Why do we build this system? What is the existing problem?

the problem is that software nowadays ia an amalgamation
of different components (coming under different licenses)
and almost no one keeps track of what goes where...

if you don't know what's in your software, you don't know
- how often to update it, since components do evolve; and, more importantly,
- all the licenses and the corresponding legal obligations
  you have to fulfil.

> 2. What needs will it serve?

needs?  it will provide a system for accurate and complete recording
of software components info and interaction between them.

> 3. What will be the benefits for GFOSS and/or other communities?

it's not something special for GFOSS; it's for helping all Open Source
projects and developers keep track of software components
and ultimately achieve legal compliance.

I am sure you (and everyone else) can expand on those in your proposal.

--
-- zvr --