ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Regarding FilesDB GSoC proposal

Ashutosh Saboo wrote [edited]:
> Hello,

hi -- please use the list for email communication;
no need to be sending multiple copies of the messages
direclty to me.

> I have shared a draft of the FilesDB GSoC proposal via the GSoC App
> located here - https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ .

sorry, your draft proposal is not visible as submitted to GFOSS.
can you check again?

> Also, I had a particular query : Is it necessary to implement the Web
> App for Files DB ? I have been thinking of implementing the Command
> Line utility for Files DB first, with several details, and I feel it
> will take most of the time. Although I may be able to fit the Web App
> for Files DB in my timeline, but I am planning to focus more on the
> command line utility than the web app at this stage. Is that fine? Or
> should I give more preference to the Web App? Please let me know about
> this, as I'll have to restructure my proposal accordingly.

no, the web interface is not mandatory.
the workload for the 3 months can be spent entirely
on command-line tools and commands, extending the basic
ones I have specified on the wiki page.
examples of such commands are:
- report differences (and similarities) between two filesDB databases;
- find closest files or directory hierarchies to a given one; etc.

> Also, a detailed review on my proposal would be damn amazing. I have
> shared it via the GSoC app. In case if the mentors aren't able to find
> it, kindly let me know, so that I can share the Google Doc link in the
> mail itself.

yes, but in any case you have to submit it correctly
so that it can be evaluated.

--
-- zvr --
    | H eytyxia den exei enoxes |       zvr [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων