ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Re: Working on project Clio

Nirmal Kumar Joshi wrote [edited]:
> Clio will be an online web application which will be on the internet.

the goal of the project is to produce software, not a running SaaS service.
when you say that the "web application will be on the internet",
how to you envision the infrastructure?  who will maintain the servers
needed for an app to run?  how will the scaling issues be resolved,
in order to provide an online app for an unlimited nunber of users?

> The user will only have to open the link to the application and start using
> it as the main aim of the development will be to make the user experience
> easy and simpler.

yes, but besides the user experience, we should take particular care
of the "administrator" experience, i.e. the people who will deploy
and maintain the software in various running instancecs.

> The database used for this application will be Google Firebase

since I am not familiar with it, what are the temrs for using
the Google Firebase product?  who can use it, and what is needed?
I think we could safely assume that many users would not want
to store their IP information at a third party, unless they were
given some guarantees.

--
-- zvr --