ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] GSOC Inquiry about FilesDB

Κωνσταντίνος Νασιώτης wrote [edited]:
> I'm interested in the FilesDB project and I have some questions about it.

thank you for your interest and the concrete questions!

> 1) Is it expected to run on a Unix-like environment?

Unix-like environments are definitely the primary target,
but there is nothing stopping it being run in other environments, as well.

> 2) What should be expected from the st|stats command?

nice question... without a definite answer for the time being.
I could imagine the statistics being produced to be
something like: total number of entries, total size,
largest entry, median size, max depth in directories, ...

we're always open to ideas!

> 3) The input will only consist of directories? Will there be an option for
> a single file input?

I've never thought of that use case, entering a single entry --
but why not?  I can't think of anything prohibiting this use.

> 4) When giving a query as input, is the database always to be specified?
> Would there be a need to seek a file in all databases?

if by "seek" you mean "search", no, this is not an envisioned use case.
each database is standalone and each command (either adding or searching)
operates on a single database.

--
-- zvr --
    | H eytyxia den exei enoxes |       zvr [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων