ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Interested in FilesDB project

Good morning.

I am interested in contributing to FilesDB project.

My plan is for the project to be written in Python 2 or 3 language, with
command-line interface and optionally a web-based interface, such as Flask,
web2py or Django. My recommendation in case of web-based interface is Flask.

The scan function should use recursive commands to navigate through
subfolders in a given location. The project should work on both Windows and
*nix environment. All information will be stored in database. Next step
will be the calculation of hashes, which will be calculated by separate
python functions, and stored in the database.

It is not clear to me about what the "stats" command should output.
According to the data that should be stored in the database, i guess the
stats will be regarding file sizes, and probably location. Of course, any
stats that can be calculated from the database should not be a problem to
calculate.

Looking forward for an answer

Combos Andreas,
HOU Student of MSc in Computer Science