ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source Fonts

Hi,

I'm a student in the School of Informatics at the Aristotle University
of Thessaloniki.
I'm interested in the project "Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source
Fonts" [1].
Specifically, I would propose to add Greek glyphs to wine fonts. Wine
[2] is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on
several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD,
and is used by thousands of Greek users. But it has a significant issue,
its fonts do not contain Greek glyphs, and its users are forced to apply
registry workarounds to use different fonts than the default ones [3].

I set up a github project describing the problem (including screenshots)
and an initial version of my proposal here:
https://github.com/artemisge/gsoc2019

I already added a few glyphs (for capital Greek letters ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜ),
so that you can see the quality of my work, using the fontforge [4]
program, which is recommended by wine developers. I have experience in
graphics design using tools like Adobe Photoshop and Animate CC, and I
participated in the development of many educational applications [5].
I'm able to organize my work using github branches, and I plan to file
bug reports/pull requests in https://bugs.winehq.org, so that the
results of this project get merged upstream in wine, for all users to
benefit from them.

Is my proposal of interest to the project mentors? Should I go continue
writing it?
If not, could I change it to something else, or, would it be possible to
create a new "proposed project ideas" entry, based on my proposal?

Best regards,
Artemis Georgopoulou