ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[GSoC 2021]Questions about HashesDB

Hello everyone,

I am Giorgos Kosmas and I am a third-year undergraduate student at National Technical University of Athens, studying towards a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code during the summer. Particularly, I would like to get involved in the development of the "hashesDB" project.

I have some clarifying questions regarding the library in which the database will be implemented. I am familiar with SQLite, however I am not sure if SQLite is appropriate for this project, due to the fact that SQLite is a single-disk database. Given the fact that this project should support huge archives of files, is it likely that the total size of our database exceeds the memory size of a single disk? In this case the user would be required to buy a larger and more expensive hard-disk, instead of just buying a much cheaper disk that would provide the additional memory space required.

I would like to begin contributing to this project as soon as the fall exam period ends(late February), before the announcement of the accepted mentoring organizations. If this is possible, I would be glad to arrange a skype call in order to discuss further technical decisions in detail.

Thanks in advance,

Giorgos