ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [GSoC 2021]Questions about HashesDB

Thanks for your interest in getting involved with hashesDB.

Please note that the db keeps only meta-information on files.
Each hash is a few bytes; 250 bytes for 1 billion files
amount to 250GB (nowadays available on a USB stick).
Even if we have that many data (which would be a nice problem to have),
one could partition the data, keeping different hashes
on different SQLite data files.

The advantages of SQLite are obviously the single-file data store
and the serverless implementation.
I believe its ease of deployment it offers outweigh
any potential reservation of scale.

To your last point, of course I'd welcome any involvement
to the project whenever possible.
However, it should be clear that any work outside the GSoC framework
will not affect any decisions related to GSoC.

--
-- zvr -

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων