ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

GSoC Build Recorder

Hello again!

I'd be interested in implementing the Build recorder idea. But I need some
clarifications before I submit my proposal.

What are the expected results? Are you thinking of a CLI or a tool that
reads build configuration files such as CMake files or Make files?

To be honest I was surprised to see that CMake doesn't offer an option to
provide info about all compilation units, header files and libraries used.

Would such a program that analyzes a make file be enough for GSoC? Or are
you thinking of a project that supports many build configuration files such
as ninja et cetera?

TL;DR: Would a project that analyzes make files and fetches which
libraries( linked or static ), compilation units  , compiler, compiler
options and executable it produces suffice?

finally do you have any ideas of your own about how this would be
implemented? I am thinking of writing a scanner/parser using Flex and Bison
but I'd be open to other ideas and I'll even consider reading make's source
to see how they handle make files.

Thank you for your time
Φώτης