ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[GSoC] Clarification for "Exploring and Abstracting Triplestore Alternatives"

  • Subject: [GSoC] Clarification for "Exploring and Abstracting Triplestore Alternatives"
  • From: Γιώργος Παπουλίδης <geopapougr [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 03:38:39 +0300
Greetings!

I am interested in the proposed project for *Exploring and Abstracting
Triplestore Alternatives.* But there are some points in the explanation
which aren't clear to me.

The whole proposal revolves around the phrase "triplestore alternatives",
without having a clear scope of where we will look for such alternatives.
It is stated that we have to build an abstraction layer to access
triplestore alternatives. Since SPARQL already provides such a layer for
native triplestore databases, I would assume that the *alternatives* would
have to be expanded to relational databases, or even NoSQL databases and
that we would have to provide a common interface for all such databases, as
long as they store triples. Is that correct?

Also, regarding how we choose and benchmark such databases. Will our scope
be more focused to any type of dataset? Will we gear our focus towards any
specific market, allowing us to make assumptions about how the database is
used?

Lastly, will the said *well-documented library *be written in python, or is
there flexibility on the language used?

Thank you for your time.