ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[Fwd: [ooo-announce] Call for Papers: OpenOffice.org Conference 2003]

-------- Original Message --------
From: Stefan Taxhet <Stefan [ dot ] Taxhet [ at ] sun [ dot ] com>
Subject: [ooo-announce] Call for Papers: OpenOffice.org Conference 2003
To: announce [ at ] openoffice [ dot ] org, discuss [ at ] openoffice [ dot ] org

What: First OpenOffice.org Conference (OOoCon 2003)
When: March 20th - March 21st 2003
Where: University of Hamburg, Germany

Meet the community, users, and community sponsors at the first
OpenOffice.org Conference. The conference will take place right
after CeBIT, which ends March 19th. Hamburg is only 100 miles
(160 Kilometers) from Hannover. It will attract some high-profile
keynote speakers from the developer community, European politics,
the open-source movement, and the main sponsor, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
The conference will include some limited exhibition space.

Miguel de Icaza and Bruce Perens both say that OpenOffice.org
is THE most important Open Source project because people can try
it without switching from Windows and if they do they'll discover
that Open Source can work for them. They don't have to pay big bucks for
office productivity.

"I've seen the OpenOffice.org community evolve over the last two years
into a place where Sun and the community really do work together towards
the common goal of making office productivity available at low or no
cost to everyone. Their work is driving a lot of the interest in Open
Source that we're seeing now in emerging markets like India and China.
It is my sincere hope that more developers will show up to work on the
OpenOffice.org project so the community can really make it their own",
says Danese Cooper, Sun's Open Source Diva.

The conference will cover the following OpenOffice.org topics
organized in two tracks:

- General
        + General Usage and Features
        + Business and Government
        + Marketing
        + Standards
        + Open Source
        + The Community

- Development
        + Software Development Kit
        + Porting
        + Localization
        + Filters
        + QA

Please submit an abstract of your session to
callforpapers [ at ] openoffice [ dot ] org

For further details have a look at
http://marketing.openoffice.org/conference/cfp.html

The OpenOffice.org Conference Team