ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: Mitch Kapor, a software industry pioneer, has started a nonprofit group to create open-source software applications.

  • Subject: FYI: Mitch Kapor, a software industry pioneer, has started a nonprofit group to create open-source software applications.
  • From: Theodoros Karounos <T [ dot ] Karounos [ at ] infosoc [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:39:49 +0300
Our mission is to create and gain wide adoption for software applications of
uncompromising quality using open-source methods. Our first product, now under
development, will be used to manage email, appointments, contacts, and tasks and
easily allow information to be shared with friends, family, and colleagues. It
will be free and will run on the Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms. It will
not require a server or complex administration.

We have begun product development starting with the Calendar. (See: Chandler
Release 0.1). Since we're at the beginning of our project most of the work to
date has been evaluating the best Open Source technologies to build upon and
prototyping the features we want to implement.

Are you a developer interested in our project? There will be lots of ways you
can get involved. If after reading the Technology page you can think of other
Open Source technologies we should be using, please let us know by contacting us
through our mailing lists. Are you an expert programmer with an interest in
contributing your time? Dy you have a passion for world-class software? We would
like to hear from you too.

As we develop our project we will make the source code available via anonymous
access to our CVS source code control repository. If you would like to be
notified when source code first becomes available be sure to subscribe to our
announce mailing list.

The Chandler Wiki, launched 1/7/2003, is an ongoing collaborative site for
Chandler-related design and development issues. We know people want to
contribute, and we sincerely hope that this Wiki will be a fertile ground for
growing thoughts into plans, then eventually into implementations. The Chandler
Discussion Topics on the Wiki are not yet fully fleshed out, but we've made a
start, and hope the information available will be useful and spark discussion.
Now that we've got a structure we also hope to push ourselves to get more
information available in written form and posted to the Wiki.
http://www.osafoundation.org/for_developers.htm
begin:vcard
n:Karounos;Theodoros
tel;fax:+30-210-3722-499
tel;work:+30-210-3722-400
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/
org:Information Society Programme
adr:;;N.Nikodimou 11;Athens;Attiki;10557;Greece
version:2.1
email;internet:T [ dot ] Karounos [ at ] infosoc [ dot ] gr
title:Director
note:http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/
x-mozilla-cpt:;22928
fn:Theodoros  Karounos