ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: NETI@home

Using NETI@home will make the Internet a better place! (and hopefully a little faster)

NETI@home is an open-source software package that collects network performance statistics from end-systems. It has been written for and tested on the Windows, Linux, and Solaris operating systems, with testing for other operating systems to be completed soon. NETI@home is designed to run on end-user machines and will collect various statistics about Internet performance. These statistics will then be sent to a server at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), where they will be collected and made publicly available. We believe that this tool will give researchers much needed data on the end-to-end performance of the Internet, as measured by end-users. Our basic approach is to sniff packets sent to and received by the host and infer performance metrics based on these observed packets. NETI@home users will be able to select a privacy level that will determine what types of data will be gathered, and what will not be reported. NETI@home is designed to be an unobtrusive software system that runs quietly in the background with little or no intervention by the user, and using few resources.
<http://www.neti.gatech.edu/>

begin:vcard
fn:Theodoros  Karounos
n:Karounos;Theodoros
org:Information Society Programme
adr:;;N.Nikodimou 11;Athens;Attiki;10557;Greece
email;internet:T [ dot ] Karounos [ at ] infosoc [ dot ] gr
title:Director
tel;work:+30-210-3722-405
tel;fax:+30-210-3722-498
note:http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/