ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

FYI: Linux's Achilles' Heel...

In the movies, they call it a "backstory," the plot behind the plot; the history and circumstances that led up to the current plot.

Linux was the backstory for my recent coverage of virtual PC technology. Although that article stands by itself, the story behind the story reveals both how far Linux has come--and how far it has to go.

I'll name names later, but the problem I'm discussing isn't specific to one distribution--it's far more widespread than that. So, for now, let's just say I was trying distribution "XYZ," a polished commercial Linux that seeks to go toe to toe with Microsoft Windows. Distro "XYZ" even costs roughly as much as a Windows XP upgrade, which suggests to me that it should be judged by the same standards, and not be granted the leniency that Linux sometimes merits when it's distributed for free or at very low cost. Full commercial price means full commercial expectations.
<http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18901660>

begin:vcard
fn:Theodoros  Karounos
n:Karounos;Theodoros
org:Information Society Programme
adr:;;N.Nikodimou 11;Athens;Attiki;10557;Greece
email;internet:T [ dot ] Karounos [ at ] infosoc [ dot ] gr
title:Director
tel;work:+30-210-3722-405
tel;fax:+30-210-3722-498
note:http://users.ntua.gr/karounos/