ΕΕΛ/ΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

EU agencies "must not rely on one vendor" and "must refuse to become locked into a particular technology...

  • Subject: EU agencies "must not rely on one vendor" and "must refuse to become locked into a particular technology...
  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos [ at ] mail [ dot ] ntua [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:49:34 +0300
EU agencies "must not rely on one vendor" and "must refuse to become
locked into a particular technology - jeopardizing maintenance of full
control over the information in its possession," she said.

Christian Ude, the mayor of Munich, who was also present at the event,
said city employees were making the transition from reliance on
Microsoft software to the free Linux operating system. The city
government made a high-profile pledge in 2004 to change the operating
software of 14,000 government computers.

"We want to determine the information technology in our municipality
ourselves," said Ude.

Kroes said a policy adopted last year by the European Commission to
promote the use of open standard software "needs to be implemented
with vigor."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/10/technology/msft.php

--
P Πριν εκτυπώσετε αυτό το μήνυμα, σκεφθείτε το περιβάλλον! Ένα χαρτί
λιγότερο! - http://karounos.gr/blog/

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων