ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] GSOC 2017 - Files DB Project

Hello All,

I am Salim from Turkey, currently continuing my Masters degree studies in Computer Science Department of TOBB University. I am working on multimedia forensics and digital fingerprinting topics in a very general sense.

While looking around for project topics in GSOC 2017 organizations, I came across with the "Files DB" project. I am very interested in working on this project.

As a matter of fact, I currently have some simple python scripts that;
- gathers metadata from very large number of files (images, videos, word/pdf documents, databases etc.)
  - dumps results to an Elasticsearch server.

I was already planning to work on something that would be helpful to others and I think this project is a good fit for this purpose. So, if the mentor of the project (Alexios Zavras) would be willing to direct me in development of this project, I would be very honored.

I am open to discussions regarding how we may perform the development and continue the requirements analysis for the project.

Btw, I am good at writing python code and working with people using git vcs. Although I don't have much public contributions on Github, here is my profile:
https://github.com/tykkz

Thanks.