ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] GSOC 2017 - Files DB Project

salim [ at ] sarimurat [ dot ] net wrote [edited]:
> Hello All,

Hi Salim, nice to meet you

[your other email also reached me,
 but this mailing list is the preferred venue to discuss]

> While looking around for project topics in GSOC 2017 organizations,
> I came across with the "Files DB" project. I am very interested in
> working on this project.

Thank you for your interest.
It's great that you have already worked on a similar application!
In this project, the database part will be replaced by an SQL engine,
since the information is completely structured.
Of course, it can be something light, like an SQLite database.

The choice of Python (3, obviously) as a programming language is fine;
there are a few performance-critical points (like computing checksums),
but these can be taken care by means of a module written in C.
Python also has libraries to access information in repositories
in Git and Mercurial format; to prepare, you might want to read up
on these.

Once again, thanks for the interest and getting in touch,
and looking forwward to your proposal.
Feel free to ask any question on this mailing list;
that's why we're here.

--
-- zvr --