ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Re: Ερωτήσεις φοιτητή για GSOC και netdata

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Re: Ερωτήσεις φοιτητή για GSOC και netdata
  • From: "Tsaousis, Costa" <costa [ at ] tsaousis [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:47:15 +0200
Hi Klainti,

Thank you for your interest in netdata.

netdata is very close to your interests.

Key components of netdata:

1. netdata daemon, its core, written in C, an asynchronous I/O, time-series
database and web server, optimised for performance.

2. web dashboards, written in Javascript, HTML, CSS

3. external plugins, written in python, node.js, bash, C

netdata includes low-level C programming following embedded development
principles, web-apps development for visualising performance metrics,
devops and sysadmin automation tasks for configuring health monitoring
(alarms), statistical analysis of metrics, high level development for data
collection from databases and third party apps, etc.

I suggest to check the github repo (https://github.com/firehol/netdata),
browse the source code, install it (it is easy) and play a bit with it to
understand the basics and come up with more specific questions, which I
will be happy to answer.

Regards,

Costa