ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] GSoC 2017 - Software Components and IP Management

  • Subject: Re: [opensource-devs] GSoC 2017 - Software Components and IP Management
  • From: Alexios Zavras <zvr+eellak [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:12:55 +0200
Jayati Dev wrote [edited]:
> I am a final year undergraduate student from India.
> I came across 'Software Components and IP Management'

thank you for your interest
and for the work you've already done.

> 3. Propose a general template-
>
> Front Page -
>
> Part 1: Components in tabular format, with expandable area
> for more details about a component (with sorting option)
>
> Part 2: Login button for authorised contributors
> (this opens into a login page)
> - I'm not sure if other users can login,
> because they don't have anything to contribute.
> (Maybe for feedback or to mark few components for reference
>
> 4. A rough design template of the front page here
> - http://pasteboard.co/OoYCXwcyk.jpg
>
> 5. I plan to code this into HTML, add few simple components
> (in the format specified by Mr. Zavras)
> and see how it gets stored into the database.
>
> Skills I have - HTML/CSS, MySQL
> Skills I will learn - Understanding access control through LDAP,
> SPDX specifications, bit of PHP

as I've mentioned in other emails before, SPDX will be
something like a black box, so no need to go deep
into understanding all the specification.

on the other hand, you'll probably need more than "bit of PHP"
to implement the complete system.

> Is this alright? What improvements can I make to my proposal?

start working on your proposal, and submit as draft for review
via the GSoC mechanism, so that we can properly comment on it.

--
-- zvr --