ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] GSoC 2017 - Software Components and IP Management

Hello,

I am a final year undergraduate student from India. I came across 'Software Components and IP Management' under the mentorship of Mr. Alexios Zavras and am very interested in the project. Few tasks that I have done are:

1. Went through the project description by Mr. Zavras (https://ellak.gr/wiki/index.php?title=Clio)

2. Went through the general idea that is being suggested in the mailing list.

3. Propose a general template-

Front Page -

Part 1: Components in tabular format, with expandable area for more details about a component (with sorting option)

Part 2: Login button for authorised contributors (this opens into a login page) - I'm not sure if other users can login, because they don't have anything to contribute. (Maybe for feedback or to mark few components for reference like in GoodReads?)

4. A rough design template of the front page here - http://pasteboard.co/OoYCXwcyk.jpg

5. I plan to code this into HTML, add few simple components (in the format specified by Mr. Zavras) and see how it gets stored into the database.

Skills I have - HTML/CSS, MySQL

Skills I will learn - Understanding access control through LDAP, SPDX specifications, bit of PHP

Is this alright? What improvements can I make to my proposal?

Thank you very much in advance and please have a nice day,

Sincerely,

Jayati Dev