ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Re: GSOC 2017, greek fonts

Maximilian Holl wrote [edited]:
> I think three fonts with single weight are realistic in accordance with the
> workload.

I'll let Irene, as the expert, to comment on the work load.

> What about the scope of greek glyphs? Are there monotonic or polytonic
> glyphs?  Is it my choice to select the scope of the greek glyphs?

yes, in your proposal you can select how many fonts/typefaces
you will be extending and what will the breadth of your work
(monotonic or polytonic).

> On Google Fonts for example you can choose between greek extended and
> greek.
> I could not find any difference between them.

the "extended Greek" (polytonic) is (as the word implies) an extension
of the "simple Greek" (monotonic); they have some additional characters.
the most user visible ones are vowels with more accents
(modern Greek only uses one accent).

--
-- zvr --