ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Fwd: Regarding GSoC'18 Project

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Fwd: Regarding GSoC'18 Project
  • From: Diomidis Spinellis <dds [ at ] aueb [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 20:20:39 +0200
Forwarding to our list.

Kind regards,

Diomidis Spinellis

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Regarding GSoC'18 Project
Date: 	Fri, 2 Mar 2018 23:46:34 +0530
From: 	Rahul Bhatia <16ucs149 [ at ] lnmiit [ dot ] ac [ dot ] in>
To: 	dds [ at ] aueb [ dot ] gr

Respected Prof.,
I am a GSoC'18 Aspirant, looking for a productive summer contributing to open source. I went through the organizations and found GFOSS Community's projects fascinating. I had a look at the *Open Source Plugin for math and Algebra in Moodle* project and found it an interesting project according to the skillset that I possess. We use Moodle in our institute for conducting various tests and I found it a really amazing platform for managing such things. Therefore, I was interested in working on this project and had some doubts regarding the same :

1. What is the level of Algebra we need to integrate in this plugin that we are developing?

2. Designing the math assignments would require some sort of Graphics in Javascript, as Moodle is running on the browser. I guess they already use MathJax <http://mathjax.org/>for the same, do we need anything else just for the displaying of equations and other similar stuff?

I would like to start contributing to this project right away. I need some guidance and help for the initial stuff to start digging in the right direction. I am very much fine with the prerequisites for this project and basic level Math and Algebra, being a sophomore.

Thank you so much for reading this and spending your valuable time in helping me get started.

Sincerely,
--

  Rahul Bhatia

        Web Developer

        Microsoft Student Partner 2017-2018

        Sophomore, The LNM Institute of Information Technology

  * E-mail <mailto:rbhatia46 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  * GitHub <https://github.com/rbhatia46>
  * LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahul-bhatia-67ba08121/>
  * Facebook <https://facebook.com/rbhatia46>
  * Website <https://rbhatia46.github.io/>