ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] GSOC 2018: Software components and IP management

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] GSOC 2018: Software components and IP management
  • From: Ioannis Gkourtzounis <ioannisgk [ at ] LIVE [ dot ] COM>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:02:21 +0000
Hello,

I would love to send my proposal for the project "Software components and IP management" and develop Clio, a web-based system to manage data on software components. I have read carefully the details on Clio page:

https://ellak.gr/wiki/index.php?title=Clio

I am a student for Bsc in Computing on the 3rd year, I have used the Spring Framework to develop a web application for my dissertation project "Urban Mobility Upgrade: Car Sharing Software Platform for Electric Vehicles" where I use REST services to connect to an Android application.

With some guidance, I believe I can truly offer significant value to project Clio. Can you please share more details with me? For example:

  1.  Can you share some use cases with more details?
  2.  I would like to use the web platform with Spring and Hibernate, do you suggest a different technology?
  3.  I understand that the user has to be able to manage catalogs, components and licenses. So the user will upload software components to the platform and data should be saved and managed in a MySQL database?
  4.  What are all the possible relationships between components? I am thinking that if there is a need for scalability, we could use a Graph database scheme like Neo4j.
  5.  What are the possible milestones for this project? I would like to create a realistic project plan and share weekly reports with my mentor.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Ioannis Gkourtzounis