ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

[opensource-devs] Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source Fonts

  • Subject: [opensource-devs] Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source Fonts
  • From: Λυδία Παπακωνσταντίνου <lydpapac [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 22:25:35 +0200
Hello opensource-devs,

My name is Lydia and I am a student in the Department of Graphic Design and
Visual Communication in the Advanced Technological Educational Institute of
Athens (ATEI). I am interested in participating in the project that
involves adding Greek glyphs on open source fonts. Due to my major I have
some experience with glyph design and font creation. I am particularly
interested in working on google fonts and my approach in this project would
be towards display and script fonts because this is where, in my opinion
variety lacks most. However I am open to suggestions on other font types or
even specific font families that might be useful to expand. I have done
some draft sketches after looking at the latin glyphs, and later moved on
to computer illustration designs (which I include in this email) of most
greek letter glyphs for Lobster, which is one of the fonts I consider
working on. This is obviously by no means a finished design but I wanted to
present a few ideas on my approach. The glyphs I designed are mostly
individuals and not in bonds but if this particular font was to be
completed I would work on adding those as well. To conclude I would like to
ask if there are any further information and/or limitations I should know
about for this project. For instance, specifications as to the file type
the fonts need to be exported on (TrueType, OpenType, Postscript, multiple
etc) and such.
I would love to know your opinion on my work and obviously any pointers and
corrections are welcome.

Thank you for your time,
Lydia Eleftheria Papaconstantinou
Graphic Design Student