ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [opensource-devs] Interest in the Goverment Gazette

Please find my answers in-line.

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am writing this email to you with regards to my interest in the project
> named «Extraction of Responsibilities per unit in public sector
> organizations from the Government Gazette». Having read through the details
> of the project I would like to ask some questions so that I can understand
> better the requirements. I would be very grateful if you have the time to
> answer these questions before I submit my proposal.
>
> First, I see that the knowledge prerequisites include Python, Java and
> Machine Learning. I’m more familiar to Java, Machine learning and Data
> mining. I haven’t worked with Python, but I am willing to sit and work with
> this language before Google Summer of Code starts.  Is Python going to be
> used for Machine learning purposes?

*Python is preferred for machine learning but JAVA does the job as well.*

> Secondly, am I right in understanding that Machine Learning is used to
> automatically find and match «specific Named Entities types with references
> to assigned responsibilities-services per unit and links between the two
> must be extracted» is one of the main issues of this project?

*Yes one of the main  tasks of this project is from the text in the PDF's
of the law that define the governance of a Greek government entities you
should extracted in hierarchical order the assigned
responsibilities-services for each unit of that institution. *

> If so, am I right in thinking the steps required include: Preprocessing
> the data, Data integration, Hierarchical or partitioned clustering,
> Categorization and correlation rules?

*Yes this is the approach in a few words, you should expand it in your
project. But we will discuss this extensively with all the mentors(
https://ellak.gr/wiki/index.php?title=GSOC2018_Projects#Extraction_of_Responsibilities_per_unit_in_public_sector_organizations_from_the_Government_Gazette
<https://ellak.gr/wiki/index.php?title=GSOC2018_Projects#Extraction_of_Responsibilities_per_unit_in_public_sector_organizations_from_the_Government_Gazette>
) once we have the project approved.*

> Finally, I am bit confused about the NER module. Is there any more
> information on this subject?

*Please read this( https://nlp.stanford.edu/software/CRF-NER.html
<https://nlp.stanford.edu/software/CRF-NER.html> ), there are plenty more
resources, search Google Scholar(
https://scholar.google.gr/scholar?hl=el&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=Named+Entity+Recognizer&btnG=
<https://scholar.google.gr/scholar?hl=el&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=Named+Entity+Recognizer&btnG=>

--
Jiddu Krishnamurti: If we can really understand the problem, the answer
will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.

http://karounos.gr/blog/, Key-ID: 85AE3458