ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source Fonts

  • Subject: Re: Addition of Greek glyphs in Open Source Fonts
  • From: "Alexios Zavras" <zvr+gsoc [ at ] zvr [ dot ] gr>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:50:07 -0400
Irene is the primary mentor for this task,
but I personally think this is not a worthwhile task.

Wine can easily get Greek letters if they use another font
that contains the appropriate glyphs and call than "Tahoma"
(which of course violates a Microsoft trademark).
There is a number of suitable fonts, and I am sure
some of them could be made metric-compatible
to the original Tahoma without resulting into unreadable mess...

The idea behind the task is to enhance typefaces
like the ones found in https://fonts.google.com (among others)
which are widely used and not application-specific.

--
-- zvr -

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων