ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: [GSoC-2021]-[Development of a DIY robot kit for educators]

  • Subject: Re: [GSoC-2021]-[Development of a DIY robot kit for educators]
  • From: Iraklis Varlamis <varlamis [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 11:34:47 +0200
Dear Giannis,
The DIY robot kit for this project has been developed 2 years ago in a
similar GSoC project:
https://github.com/eellak/gsoc2019-diyrobot
The project is at a good level in terms of hardware, so the effort now must
be put on the software part.
What can be extended is:
a) the educational scenarios/exercises for teachers and students (e.g.
experiments in engineering, geometry, mathematics, etc. that could be
taught by programming the robot).
b) What has already been developed in terms of educational scenarios is in
the form of Jupyter notebooks that run on the raspberry pi of the robot. A
possible extension would be to add support (and working examples) on
NodeRed or other similar workflow-based tools.

Apart from your CV and application, it would be nice to have your proposal
on how you can expand what has already been developed so far on
https://github.com/eellak/gsoc2019-diyrobot
Kind regards
Iraklis

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 6:14 AM giannis manousaridis <
giannismanu97 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> To Mr Hariton Polatoglou, Mr Iraklis Varlamis, Mr Theodoros Karounos
>
> I would like to express my interest in the GSoC project “Development of a
> DIY robot kit for educators”.  My name is Ioannis Manousaridis and I am a
> student at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the
> Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. I am currently doing my thesis and my
> main studies focus on the area of data science and machine learning.
>
> Despite the topic of my main studies though, there many reasons why I
> found this project appropriate for me. I have always been interested in
> robotics. I have used microcontrollers and microcomputers a lot in the past
> (raspberry pi B+ and zero, Arduino Uno, nano, Avr) and different
> technologies on them (Python, C, RIOT OS, FreeRTOS). My experience in this
> area has been built by different courses in the university, personal work
> and my volunteering work in a robotics team for one year. Also, I have
> helped in the organization of some robotics seminars for kids with the
> Mindstorms Lego Ev3 in the past, so I have a basic understanding of what
> students need in their first steps and more advanced steps in robotics.
> Furthermore, what excites me more is the 3D printing part. Recently, I
> bought my 3D printer (3 Ender Pro) and I work on it almost daily. I have
> already learnt basic stuff in some software for printing and designing
> (Cura, TinkerCad) and I find this project as an opportunity to learn more
> stuff.
>
> I have prepared a draft of my proposal which I will submit on Monday and I
> will be looking forward to your feedback. However, I would like to ask for
> some guidance about the project in advance. Is there a specific kind of
> robot that you are looking forward to? And also, what student ages will be
> the project targeting?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ioannis Manousaridis
>

> ----
> Λαμβάνετε αυτό το μήνυμα απο την λίστα: Λίστα αλληλογραφίας και συζητήσεων
> που απευθύνεται σε φοιτητές developers \& mentors έργων του Google Summer
> of Code - A discussion list for student developers and mentors of Google
> Summer of Code projects.,
> https://lists.ellak.gr/gsoc-developers/listinfo.html
> Μπορείτε να απεγγραφείτε από τη λίστα στέλνοντας κενό μήνυμα ηλ.
> ταχυδρομείου στη διεύθυνση <gsoc-developers+unsubscribe [ at ] ellak [ dot ] gr>.

αναφορές

πλοήγηση μηνυμάτων