ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Proposal evaluation (was: PackageInfo WebApp)

Oh, that's a nice question, thanks for asking!
I've changed the subject, since it might be interesting
to other projects, as well.

Since this project is completely new. there will obviously be
no evaluation based on previous involvement with the project.
Therefore, the only piece of information that will be used
for evaluating the proposals will be the submitted application.

Things that will be considered in the evaluation:
- demonstrated understanding of the problem.
The more information provided that shows you have thought
about the problem, considered different aspects, etc., the better.
Copying other people words from the problem description
or emails in this list does NOT give you extra points.
- interesting and correct proposed solution, described in detail.
I've already mentioned more than once my strong preference
towards simple solutions, avoiding unnecessary complexities
- clear, detailed, and realistic timetable of the implementation
- stated (and even better, demonstrated) experience
with the technologies proposed to be used

Things that will NOT have any effect on your evaluation:
- irrelevant information that may be present in your submission,
such as name, gender, age, email address, nationality, hobbies, ...
- when the application was submitted (before the deadline, obviously).
There is no advantage in submitting early (or late).

It should be made clear that, even if you submit the "best" application
for a project, you might not be eventually selected for GSoC. This is
inherent from the way GSoC works, since the allocated "slots"
are decided by Google afterwards. So the whole project might not
get selected for implementation.

--
-- zvr -

αναφορές