ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

GSoC HashesDB

Greetings,
My name is Nikolaos Sokos and I am currently studying  Computer Engineering
and Informatics at Patras,Greece.I have a question about the project : Lets
say a user wants a file hash to be stored into our Database should every
hash value accepted be calculated and saved or can the user choose the type
of hashing. The main problem if the user can choose is that when for
example the same file is uploaded but with another hashing we have to
recalculate every acceptable hash and check if it is already stored (or
look for a better solution?) What does the project suggest ? Should we save
every single hash or find a way to check if different hash value is stored?
I really hope I made my point clear,
Thanks for your time ,
Nikos