ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Interested in DIY IoT Physics application

Dear Kolli Krishna Rishi,

I would like you to know that at first we could work on individual sensors and actuators and then go to do the specific system integration. The possible set of five sensors is: distance sensor, (humidity, pressure, and temperature combined sensor), color sensor, angle sensor, magnetic compass sensor. A possible set of five actuators can be: servo motor, stepper motor, RGB led, magnetic coil, photoresistor. At first one can combine one to two sensors and one to two actuators and perform some simple experiments and then implement them to the specific experiments presented in github.

The project independant to its duration has a starting day of May 29th and two reports, one mid-report at July 14th and a final one at August 20th. Of course we will interact in between frequently to solve possible problems and assess progress. Therefore one has to spread the 175 hours in the above mentioned period. As for the selection there no additional rules on part of our organization, but of course the candidate should comply with the GSoC rules and her/his proposal should be the best among he applicants.

Best wishes,

Hariton Polatoglou

Quoting 033 RISHI <krishnarishiitm [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

Thank you sir.

Regarding the experiments, is there any specific order in which I have to
develop the dashboard for each experiment or can I go in any order.

And also, if possible, could you please provide me with all the apparatus
and sensors and actuators that are used in each experiment so that I can
prepare my proposal accordingly.

Could you also inform me about any prerequisites for the project, because
some organizations consider previous contributions to the organization to
filter proposals. Since I have not made any contribution yet, will it
impact the selection of my proposal in any manner?

Since the project is medium , 175 hours, I was thinking that this would be
a 12 week project. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I really thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this
email . Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Kolli Krishna Rishi