ΕΕΛΛΑΚ - Λίστες Ταχυδρομείου

Re: Interest in contributing in OpenAPI integration in dFlow DSL project

  • Subject: Re: Interest in contributing in OpenAPI integration in dFlow DSL project
  • From: Manos Tsardoulias <etsardou [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 12:15:29 +0200
Hello Charalampos,

First of all, thank you for your interest in our proposal!

Regarding your questions, automating the creation of the intent examples is
a rather challenging task. It can indeed be accomplished using NLP
techniques, such as parsing as you are suggesting, or by using language
models. In the first case, a clever post-processing algorithm is needed to
use the parsed description to create the sentences, as for the second, LMs
can be used in a few-shot or zero-shot manner. In all cases, this NLP
process will need a text or words to work on, which can either be the API
description or a set of keywords given at model definition time.

The OpenAPI-to-dFlow M2M transformation can be developed using textX (
https://textx.github.io/textX/3.1/) which is used to define and create
dFlow as well. Hence, the input data will be in a structured format based
on OpenAPI spec, which you will design, while the output (the generated
model) can be a dFlow model which already has a specific structure.

Finally, the aim of the final model will be to map an OpenAPI to an
end-to-end assistant scenario, meaning the intents, services and responses.
In case the different API paths lead to different assistant scenarios, the
metamodel you will design should support it. This will be the case when
each API path has an entirely different semantic meaning and hence intent
and intent examples. Otherwise, you may use an "if-else" logic (a feature
we will develop for dFlow in the near future), so that if let's say a
specific entity exists, the assistant scenario should trigger one path or
if there is no entity the other. This is the most complex mapping strategy
I can think of. However, we are open to other suggestions regarding this
part.

Feel free to contact us for further information!

Best,
Manos

--
Emmanouil G. Tsardoulias